The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Pickering Rouge Canoe Club will be on Wednesday,…
Time to start thinking about warmer days and being on the water. Our spring and summer programs are now available for registration.
Early Bird Special: Register by March 1, 2019 for Rouge Canoe & Kayak Camp, Rouge CIT, Intro to Sprint, or our full summer Sprint Racing program for ages 9-14 (Bantam) at last year’s rates!
New for 2019:
- “Intro to Sprint” has moved to our Rouge Beach location. This 2-week summer camp program introduces paddlers aged 9-15 to the sport of canoe and kayak. On Fridays, paddlers will bike to Frenchman’s Bay to participate in joint activities with sprint racing paddlers. Space is limited for this program.
- The Counsellor-in-training (CIT) age range has been extended and covers ages 13-16.
- The Bantam program is called “Sprint Racing Ages 9-14” and includes spring paddling 3 afternoons a week, along with the full-day summer program in July & August.
- The Development program is called “Sprint Racing 15 Up” and will be for newer as well as experienced paddlers. Youth aged 15 are no longer in the full-day summer program in Pickering. During July and August, morning practices will be from 9-11am with the Head Coach. Other training sessions will be joint with High Performance.
- The Western Ontario Division championships (WODs) will be held on the long weekend on August 3 & 4 instead of the last weekend in July.
- We are purchasing new sprint boats for PaddleALL and Master’s to accommodate the growth in these programs. New equipment will also be purchased for Rouge Camp and Intro to Sprint.
- Master’s Time Trial events – fun monthly competitions at different canoe clubs held from May to September. Check our website calendar for dates and locations.
We offer great value. Even though we have raised prices due to increased wages and the need to buy new equipment, our programs are a bargain and a great way to keep active. To offset the increase, we are extending some summer programs into the spring and offering early bird savings.
Time to brush off your winter blues and plan your summer. Sign up for paddling today and take advantage of our Early Bird rates!