Registration for our 2021 programs is now open! We have programs for all ages and…
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, or maybe because of it, PRCC had a great summer in 2020 for expanding its membership. A big thank you goes to Coach Rebecca and all our summer staff, volunteers, athletes, parents, and participants for making this such a successful summer. Here are some of our accomplishments:
- Canoe and Kayak Camp was at full capacity with many participants registering for multiple weeks. Mackenzie and Edison diligently moved people from the waiting list to fill any sudden cancellations.
- The summer sprint racing (bantam) program filled up, then expanded and still had a wait list.
- Our fall High Performance and Development programs have grown to their largest number in years, drawing new participants from camp and summer bantam.
- Our Solo Paddling Together started on Wednesday nights, expanded to Thursdays and then Tuesdays, and then to a modified Saturday and Sunday program. All sessions filled up. We now have a good base for Master’s.
- Our fall Master’s program filled up in two days through email notifications. We didn’t even get the registration link on the website.
- We have built a strong partnership with Parks Canada who are supportive of our programs running at Rouge Beach. We look forward to future joint initiatives, like guided tours on the Rouge River.
We are now focusing our attention on cleaning up the old Pickering site, acquiring a new site at Progress Park on Frenchman’s Bay and attracting some new Board members for 2020/21. Our AGM will be on Tuesday, November 10 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. on Zoom. Details to be sent out soon. Hope to see you there!